Many customers have contacted us over the course of our business operation and made similar enquiries. We decided to compile them as listed below:
- I tried to record the noise nuisance but only manage to capture a homing noise. How can I be sure whether you will be able to record the noise nuisance?
- What are the charges for the Site Preliminary Study?
- Do I need to do a pre-booking?
- What are the shortest and longest noise measurements & recordings that can be done?
- Do you record the audio of the noise nuisance?
- Can you share with us any previous cases Dropnoise had handled?
- Do I need to leave the house (where the measurement will be carried out) when the noise measurement and recordings are proceeding?
- I can’t leave the house during the noise measurement due to personal reason. Can it be done?
- Can I use the recorded data and report as evidence in Court?
- What are your charges?
- What if I wish to do the measurements & recordings outside the deployment timing? And how will the charges be computed?
- My noisy neighbour above run about in the whole flat. Will you be able to record the noise from multiple spots in the flat?
- Do you go to court as a witness for us?
- I need to record the noise by the neighbor upstairs. Can you record it?
- My neighbor gets noisy for only one-two hours in the middle of the night. Can you do two hours measurement?
- What if the measurement did not record any noise nuisance?
- Can I use your noise measurement device and do the recording myself?
- I am concerned over my privacy. Will my personal data be disclosed?
- Will you give us the raw noise recording data in addition to the report?
- I lost the previous recorded data and the report. Can you send me a copy of it?
- I am a tenant in the house. Can you perform the noise measurement and recordings for me?
- Is there anything I need to prepare for the noise measurement?
- When can I receive the report after the measurement and recordings was done?
- I like to engage your service. How should I proceed?
- I like to know more. How do I contact you via phone?
1. I tried to record the noise nuisance but only manage to capture a homing noise. How can I be sure whether you will be able to record the noise nuisance?
While we do not guarantee all noise nuisance can be recorded (as it depends on the environmental noise as well as loudness of the noise nuisance), we are using commercial grade sound measuring device that meet NEA specifications for device used for measuring boundary noise and noise levels for construction work. You may request us for a preliminary study at your site for a 15-30 minutes evaluation of the situation.
2. What are the charges for the On-Site Preliminary Study?
Charges at $180. Payment will have to be made before the On-Site Preliminary Noise Nuisance Survey. Dropnoise accept Paypal and Bank Transfer.
- On-Site Preliminary Noise Nuisance Survey will only be carried out between 9am to 6pm (Weekdays&Weekends).
- The preliminary noise nuisance survey takes 15-30 mins and is solely for identifying possible presence of noise nuisance. No noise measurement report or raw measured data files will be given.
3. Do I need to do a pre-booking?
Yes. You will need to do a booking with us at least 3 working days in advance.
4. What are the shortest and longest noise measurements & recordings that can be done?
For noise measurement and recordings duration that fall between 9am to 6pm, minimum recordings duration of 1 hour is required. For measurement and recordings duration that fall between 6pm to 9am or extend beyond 6pm, minimum recordings duration of 8 hours is required. That being said, if you required recordings to be done more than 12 hours, it is possible as well.
5. Do you record the audio of the noise nuisance?
Yes, we do. It is an optional item. Take note that audio recordings alone are contestable and they do not justify the loudness of the noise nuisance. That is why, in Dropnoise, we use it alongside with an NEA compliance Sound Level Meter to record the exact loudness (i.e. decibel level) of the noise nuisance. Download our Noise Nuisance Monitoring Sample Report to understand more about the noise level data we record.
6. Can you share with us any previous cases Dropnoise had handled?
All data collected from Clients are confidential. We do not disclose it unless required by law.
7. Do I need to leave the house (where the measurement will be carried out) when the noise measurement and recordings are proceeding?
To accurately measure and record the noise, it is advisable for no one to be in the house and all devices that will produce sound (e.g. TV, residential phone, alarm clock, table/wall clock that produces audible ticking sound, etc.) to be switched off.
8. I can’t leave the house during the noise measurement due to personal reason. Can it be done?
Yes, we can proceed with the measurement but you are advised to minimise activities that might produce sound which may interfere with the measurement.
9. Can I use the recorded data and report as evidence in Court?
The equipment used in the noise measurement fulfilled the requirement under Singapore’s NEA Environmental Protection and Management regulations. You may use the data and report as plausible evidence in Court but we do not guarantee the result of the lawsuit.
10. What are your charges?
Our service charges start from $480.
The final service charges will be dependent on three factors, namely, 1) Duration of measurement, 2) Time of measurement, 3) Mode of measurement (i.e. continuous or ad-hoc).
Minimum service duration engagement:
- 1 hour measurement package
Please email us for quotation with the duration (& timing) and date/s of measurement required.
11. What if I wish to do the measurements & recordings outside the deployment timing? And how will the charges be computed?
Assuming you required the measurements & recordings to be done for the following timings:
(a) 10am to 2pm
(b) 10pm to 2am
The charges will be computed as:
(a) 10am to 2pm
-> 8 hours package
(b) 10pm to 8am
-> 12 hours package
12. My noisy neighbour above run about in the whole flat. Will you be able to record the noise from multiple spots in the flat?
Usually only one set of measuring equipment will be deployed. If the house is vacant, windows and main door are shut, the devices should be able to record the noise nuisance even if only one equipment is setup at a single spot. If more than one measuring equipment is requested, the charges will be a multiple of the number of sets of equipment being deployed. You may request us to do a 15-30 minutes On-Site Preliminary Study to determine whether there is a need for more than one set of measuring equipment.
13. Do you go to court as a witness for us?
We do not represent as your witness in court. Photo of the setup done at the measurement site will be provided in the Noise Report. In addition, video recordings (charges apply) of the whole duration of measurement can be requested as well.
14. I need to record the noise by the neighbor upstairs. Can you record it?
We use commercial grade measuring equipment that meets international standard IEC 61672-1:2002. However, the amount of sound/noise that can be picked up by the equipment depends on the surrounding noise level as well the loudness of the noise to be recorded. We, however, is not able to measure vibration.
15. My neighbor gets noisy for only one-two hours in the middle of the night. Can you do two hours measurement?
Measurements that fall between 10pm to 9am will be charged based on 10 hours block regardless of the actual duration of the measurement. Reason being the equipment is deployed and in use during the duration. We will provide you with a report based on 10 hours measurement unless you specify otherwise.
16. What if the measurement did not record any noise nuisance?
We will charge as usual unless it happened due to the technical fault of the measurement device. Noise nuisance tend to be persistent and exhibit certain occurrence patterns. We do advice customers to identify the time slots where the noise nuisance will most likely occur prior to engaging us to do the noise measurement. To facilitate it, we have created the Noise Nuisance Diary Sheets to assist customers (download it here). However, we will provide a one-time discount (for the same duration of measurement as the previous appointment) for the next appointment you arrange with us on a case by case basis.
17. Can I use your noise measurement device and do the recording myself?
No. The devices used are commercial grade measuring equipment that can only be operated by Dropnoise qualified personnel. In no occasion shall the device should be tampered with or handled (by any third parties).
18. I am concerned over my privacy. Will my personal data be disclosed?
Your privacy is our first priority. At Dropnoise, we will not disclose your personal data to third party or media without your prior consent. Nevertheless, we might use the measured data collected for our own in-house training. However, your identity will not be revealed.
19. Will you give us the raw noise recording data in addition to the report?
All data recorded will be provided in the report, including the individual readings.
20. I lost the previous recorded data and the report. Can you send me a copy of it?
We may not keep all the recorded data and report. In the case where we do have a copy of it, we can provide it for you. Do note that an admin fee of $50 (free registered mail postage) will be charged for the retrieval.
21. I am a tenant in the house. Can you perform the noise measurement and recordings for me?
You will need to seek for the consent of the owner prior to engaging us. A proof of consent from the owner will be required. At Dropnoise, we take the privacy of the homeowners very seriously. You may download the tenant authorisation form here.
22. Is there anything I need to prepare for the noise measurement?
Yes you do. The followings are the things to prepare for:
- Identify the best possible spot to measure the noise nuisance.
- Provide a clearance area of 77cm x 87cm for the setting up of the measuring equipment. The clearance area should at least be one meter away from walls.
- Ensure all noise emitting appliances and devices in the home are switched off. This ensure all noise recorded comes from the nuisance experienced.
- Provide a power point for connecting the measuring devices.
- Home occupiers/owners advised to vacate the house during the noise measurement.
23. When can I receive the report after the measurement and recordings was done?
It usually takes us 3 to 5 days to generate the report. If measurements are done over 3 days or more, it will take us longer to generate the report. We will advice on a case-by-case basis.
24. I like to engage your service. How should I proceed?
After you have determined the measurement timing, duration and date, you may contact us via email. If the date/s and timing/s are available, we will issue you a service contract for you to sign electronically. We will then proceed to lock the date and timing for the appointment after you have made the downpayment (i.e. 50% of full service charges). Any changes of date to be requested 3 working days before the measurement date and the new date is subject to availability. We will go down to your place 15-30 minutes before the actual record start time on the day of measurement to set up the equipment. A report and related measurement data will be generated and given to you approximately 3-5 days after the measurements are done. Cancellation can only be made 3 days before the appointment date. The downpayment will be forfeited upon cancellation.
25. I like to know more. How do I contact you via phone?
Due to consistent overwhelming of enquiries on a daily basis and coupled with limited manpower, we are unable to attend to all. As such, we will no longer be accepting enquiries via direct call. You may send in your enquiry via the contact form and we usually reply on the same day. Upon the confirmation of a service appointment, a noise specialist will be assigned to correspond with you directly via phone.
Have further questions that are not addressed here? Do email us. Otherwise, you can request a quote from us by emailing us the duration and date of the noise measurement you like us to perform the measurement.